Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Woolen WIPS



Hot off the needles and oh what a difference from all the ones before. I think I am quite enthralled by this rich creamy double knit Foxy Neckwarmer. I have made quite a few before, all different colours on different sized needles with different gifted balls of wool. I may have a soft spot for this one and I may just keep it for our a sweet little girl's neck for the Winter to come instead of adding it to our handmade shop.

I cast on for a knitted Bonnie Bear this week. I have knitted one before for Danika, with left over Teaberry but I wasn't happy with the feel of it, so didn't go on to knit up the frock to go with it.

I've had it in mind for a long while now that I wanted to gift something homemade for her each birthday and when I was given Val Pierce's Knitted Bears All dressed up! I knew what it is that I wanted to knit for her for her first birthday. But it had to be just right! Finding the right wool sometimes proves to be difficult and often very expensive. I finally found Charity DK Pull-Skein Print in Gunmetal. Obviously not what I had pictured in my mind before walking into the Wool & Habby but when I saw it, picked it up and felt it, I knew it was the one.

I ended buying one in Gunmetal grey for the body and Italiano rose  for the frock.

Now, please hold all those finger and toes so that I can get it all done before her birthday next month.


*********************************************************************************************************************


Hello there and welcome to my first Woolen WIPS link up party on the blog.




document.write('');


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe