Monday, August 10, 2015

sunshine in a bath


Just out of the decorator! Dehydrated oranges that is... I have never dried them out before. But when one has way to many oranges on hand. One has to get creative - right?

As they came out Garren had to try one. He seems to be my most loyal tester and taster of all things hocus pocus in the kitchen. And bless - him he loves them! So, the demands have been made that they will be added to his packed school lunch box for the week!

But of course I did have other things in mind for these golden sunshine treasures.
I make up a batch of homemade bath salts weekly for myself. It really is much better than any store bought stuff. I love that Epsom Salts (the base of my mix) can be thrown in just by itself and still give you all the added goodness. There are times when we have been too busy to make up a special mix or we have gotten to the end of the month and there isn't much to add from the cupboard (end-of-the-month-salty-crack-senario). But today we have citrusy happy fun!

Sunshine Bath Mix

1 box Epsom Salts
20 drops Bergamot EO
10 drops Geranium EO
5 drops Jasmin EO
Dehydrated Oranges

Mix them all up and bottle. Use a cup full of heavenly devine sunshine in a warm bath whenever you need a little pick-me-up!

I know Rob's gonna be raisin that one eyebrow of his at me once again when he sees the floating bits of oranges in our next bath - how he puts up with me heaven alone only knows. But I know this for certain. He is going to love it!!

Happy Sunshine Bathing.
Love Angie xx

joining nicole

7 comments:

  1. Those look lovely. I've never tried it myself, good to hear they taste good as well as making a heavenly sounding bath soak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my children were young, I used to make things like this with the herbs growing in our garden. I would make bath salts and soap. But those projects have been replaced with all things wool. So nice to read about someone else though who is doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that sounds amazing as a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I love adding flora and fauna to my Salt baths. And what a great lunch box snack idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely! Now if only my bathroom was as heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been begging my husband for a dehydrator and as soon as I get one I am trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Floyd Family Homestead Hop. This sounds wonderful! When I have extra citrus, I usually zest and juice and then freeze separately. I dried lemon slices one year, and use them in tea or water. Never thought to make a bath from them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe