Wednesday, August 26, 2015

gnome-lets.... completed (yarn along)


I am so very pleased that our goddaughter's first birthday gift is completed and with still plenty of time to spare. Although it took me a little longer than I initially anticipated - they are all ready and awaiting a pretty gift box, which we are still in the process of finding. Soon as I find the perfect one, I will be sure to share it too.

I started reading Janet Fitch's Paint It Black a few weeks ago. I loved White Oleander and completed it within the week. Paint It Black is a little more difficult to get through. Not for lack of beautiful writing. It really is... I love Janet's powerful words - but, with this one, I am finding them too powerful right now for me to handle. I feel myself slowly feeling depressed and find myself a little tearful. It could be that I still need a little more time to heal up. So I am putting it to one side for now, and will return to it when I have a better hold on my mind and emotions.

I need to go online and purchase again, come month end.. I have been looking for Lenora Henson's - The Wicked Garden series that a friend suggested I read, but sadly they have not yet been released here in South Africa. I have Rhonda Hetzel's "Simple Life" on hold for order, I could do with another one to keep me busy through the month. What are you all reading and what do you suggest I order?

The week is going by so much faster than I thought it would. And although I look forward to the weekend, I really hate wishing the week away. Oh and its Tristan's 19th birthday next week! Where have all those 19 years gone?

Love
Angie xxx

joining ginny

16 comments:

  1. The gnomes are delightful and a wonderful gift for your god-daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. golly! are they adorable or what??? I love how you photographed them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gnome-lets are SO cute! Can I borrow just a bit of your talent, please? Thank you for the book suggestions- I love the movie "White Oleander," and should probably check out the book someday. Keep allowing those emotions to heal, my beautiful friend <3. And happy birthday to Tristan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift for your god daughter, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those gnomes are the cutest!!I enjoyed white oleander when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The finished gnomes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the gnomes. :) i have found, recently, that my reading has to be pretty light or i turn into a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those gnomes, what a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks you Zena - I hope she enjoys them xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks hun xxxx (oh and I joined you on raverly ;) ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks darling friend - I will be sure to pass the message on to Tristan.....btw.... I am still sourcing that hula hoop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks hun!! oh and your recipe is on my to do list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks Becki... the blue and grey on your sail shawl looks just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you - your idea on those mason jar cosies - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you!! and just so you know I am a lover of all things purple!!!!I think i need some of those purple socks too... they are lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe