Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Back On Track


Our Orange tree is in bloom. The scent of the blossoms linger in the evening air and at times mingle with that of the Jasmine growing just outside our fence line aside the bamboo thicket.

This morning for the first time it was hard to ignore the light peeping through the slit in the kitchen curtains while preparing lunch boxes for Rob and Josh for the day. It is funny how suddenly and all in one moment you realise the change of season is not just words or about to happen - it is happening. I feel a little cheated this year. I am always aware of the slightest change, especially when Winter turns to Spring and then Summer to Winter. These moments are always so very profound for me. But not this year, not this turning of the wheel. I seem to have been lost in the last few weeks of trying to juggle the emotions that came with Danika's hospital stay and all the things that come with homeschooling and this new life of being a stay at home mamma. All those little things that you thought you would have time for do not always come to be. And I am absolutely fine with that. New paths do that, they sometimes (even if slightly) change the way you perceived it would all be.

Danika is faring well. She is back to singing (literally) through her day. Thank you all again for all your gentle healing vibes sent from all over the world. Those vibes made their way here and are helping more than you know.

18 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that Danika is well. I've been thinking of her and of you and wondering if you were able to concentrate on your knitting at all. I noticed the birds singing much earlier than usual this morning and wondered how I had missed that small change as well. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Susan.
      i wasn't able to get any knitting done. i thought that i wouldn't but hoped if i packed it it would ease my mind knowing that it was there. weird - hey?

      Delete
  2. So very glad all is well with the little one๐Ÿ’™ lovely to think
    of her going around singing:)
    Angela you have been through such a lot recently things will
    get back on an even keel x
    Such vibrant beauty surrounds you I would love to see it in reality.

    Love the new Profile picture.
    Take care,
    Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for so very much fiona xx such kind words to share with me. I feel very blessed to have connected with you here. xxx

      Delete
    2. That is so lovely๐ŸŒผof you to say Angela xx
      I feel the same way xxx



      Delete
  3. I was thrilled to read Danika is doing so well. You live in such beautiful surroundings, I scrolled up and down a couple of times to soak in the beauty of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much - we count our blessings every day!
      i hope you weathering that storm - Ive been thinking about you!

      Delete
  4. Children are amazing at bouncing back after such things. Love your photos! Hugs to gou and Miss D. ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you Drisana! They are bouncers - thanks for the love - sending gentle hugs back to you and the girls too xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving happy anniversary wishes! I am glad to hear your little girl is doing well...I know how scary it is when your child has surgery. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I am so happy your little one is doing well!
    Your photos are so lovely.
    I so enjoy visiting with you here.
    Have a cozy day. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billy Jo!! and Happy Birthday again xx
      ps I love having you over too.

      Delete
  7. Your photos are enchanting. So glad to hear that Danika is recovering and singing. She sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! You apple crisp looked so delicious by the way!

      Delete
  8. so so happy to hear all is well! You've both been in my daily prayers. Now to get back to living life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I have been thinking a lot about you too and I am glad you are feeling better and on the road back to normal town.

      I cant believe your husband saw a bear!!! Now that's something!!

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad to hear that Danika is getting back to normal. Aren't wheelbarrows fun! My grandchildren loved being pushed in one. You have a beautiful yard. I love the name Danika.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe