Friday, August 24, 2018

Week 26 - Our Barefoot School House


Happy Friday Friends,

Our school week is finally done. It was rather a trying one. Home school activities seemed more of chore than fun this week due to Garren coming down with a flu bug that made him absolutely miserable. But, we are now on the road to recovery. I have been forcing copious amounts of vitamin C and tissue salts number 5 into his system regularly through the days and slathering his back, chest and soles of his feet with Homemade Eucalyptus chest rub oil. We made it through Week 26 but just barely and although we are home free for the weekend I wonder how much he actually took in this week. I say this as our weekly spelling and times table test results left much to be desired.

I am looking into something a little more detailed for art lessons for next year. Something we can focus on with intent. We have just kept school books up to date with colours and presentation this year. And, he has had a Colour Book that was gifted him at Christmas that he works through. I just feel we need to give him a little more options. Do you have any ideas?

We did not make soccer practice at all this week and will not be part of the games for the weekend. He was a little disappointed but I think he really knew that he just wasnt going to be up to that amount of running about. I'm sure next week he will feel much better and be able to participate again.

I have been sharing our past weekly school activities on facebook. What we will be learning for the week ahead with links to the curriculum we use for those who wish to look into the same for their family. But, that has come to an abrupt halt and I do not see myself sharing this on that platform again. After a few weeks of sadly not being able to share any of our posts due to being told our content was abusive I went ahead and deactivated my personal account. I am not too saddened by this at all I might add. I feel that time had come for me to move on anyway. And for me to keep all my thoughts and shares right here on the blog. What do you think?

This week Danika's curriculum for next year arrived. I am still going through the paperwork and will be spending time going through the activities and ideas for her learning for next year during the rest of the year. I like to be organised and have a feel for what is expected of me. So, this should be interesting.

Next year will be lesson planning for not only Grade 5 but for a 2-3 year old as well.
I will write more about this as I go along. I am actually quite excited - it has been so rewarding and so interesting this new life (well not so new anymore) of homeschooling. I wouldn't change all of this for anything in the world.

So, in saying all of this... Here is to new words and pictures and posts.

Love as always, Angela ♥


6 comments:

  1. I admire people who homeschool, especially doing it for 4. Hope your son feels better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Cheryl. but i only homeschool the two littlies. my eldest is in China teaching English and my second eldest will be in his last year of high school next year.

      Delete
  2. Home schooling seems to be getting more and more popular here in the UK, I hear of more people doing it than ever before. It's something I'm always interested to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello there Jo, it a relatively new concept here in South Africa. So many are so afraid of how the government will react so just keep sending their children to expensive private schools which nearly kills them so that they can give them a proper education. Its sad. That is why we have decided that its time to take control of our family back. So pleased you are here to follow on.

      Delete
  3. I love the new start of the school year, seems like a rite of passage for children and parents. My husband teaches at a university and he starts tomorrow - How nice you are schooling your little ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe