Friday, August 15, 2014

Homemade Oreos


Biscuits.. Cookies…. Small Cakes.. Biscotto

Name them what you will – they are my nemesis.

I have never been able to get them right! I either take them out after a few minutes longer than they should have been in for or not left them in for as long as they should be there for! I even cheated and bought a ready-mix pack and STILL a flop!

Not anymore… I can now bake Munchies

Go on and pop that oven on 190 degrees C

The funny story behind this recipe is that I was actually looking for a homemade Wine recipe and then found this one…. I came across this gorgeous little blog that had just that.. Wine making, fermenting, Wine making, off the grid living, Recipes, Wine making… oh and did I mention Wine making? You got to pop on over to Rough Draft Homestead.

Ok… let me move on… this is about Oreo Munchies and Not about Wine Girlfriend!!



Right then… go get yourself the following out of the pantry…

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup coco
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup butter
1 large egg



I’m kinda a messy baker.. Thank goodness for my dishwasher.



That’s all it is… for now… Easy – Right?



While they do the licking…

The first batch has gone in and come out… It took literally 6 minutes.. I kid you not 6 minutes!!



So now while the munchies are cooling…

The icing filling is being whipped up ~ all you going to need is

1/2 cup butter

1 1/2 cups icing sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 teaspoon milk

And then pop it in the fridge to cool and set slightly.

So they are all ready now…? Plaster that icing between two gorgeous munchies – squish them down together..

AND

VOILA!!



Homemade Oreo Munchies!

It's a pleasure....... Enjoy!

Love
Angie xxx







4 comments:

  1. What a easy (I have all the ingredients!) recipe. Thanks for sharing on the (mis)Adventures Mondays Blog Hop. I can't wait to see what you share next next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!!! I may have to try this out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. id love for you to and of course would love to know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe