Friday, August 8, 2014

Easy Peezy Aroma Play Dough



Who says that playdough is just for the munchkins?

ahem… Girlfriend loves the stuff and I always make sure that come the colder winter months of the year we are stocked up!



I never buy the store bought varieties that you can get ‘ cause you never know what toxic ingredients are looming in the gooey store bought doughs.





Making the dough is so super easy and its another one of my go too's for the holidays where I can get the boys involved in something crafty! Oh and not to mention the essential oils added contribute to the wonderous experience.



1 cup water
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp. cream of tarter
Food colouring – I usually put 4-6 drops depending how dark I want the color

Combine all the ingredients together in a pot.

Turn the stove on to medium heat and continuously stir until everything sticks together into one ball.




Then place the sticky dough onto wax paper or you can just use your counter top.

Let it cool a couple minutes and break into sections. Then knead in the colours and a drop or two of your choice of oils until smooth.



I chose these beautiful oils for our fresh new batch
*Light Pink we used Jasmine for restoration and protection
*Pink we used Rose for contentment and love
*Orange we used Orange for luck and creativity
*Green we used Eucalyptus for balancing and healing
*Turquoise we used Peppermint for concentration and purification
*Blue we used Lavender for calm and happiness

No excuses now….

Go get yourself in the Kitchen and rock n roll up some play dough for yourself and those cuteness munchkins!


~ Angie xxx


this post was shared on The Homesteader Hop

7 comments:

  1. I prefer homemade playdough, too. Next time I make it, I will add a few drops of scent - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love play dough - you have reminded me I need to make some more. And this time, I will add some oils too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial. I always love to try a new recipe! My kids are past the putting it in their mouth stage, sometimes we put just a touch of tea tree oil in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea! I've got to try this with mine...they'll love that it smells nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kiddos love this stuff! Thanks for the DIY recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe