Sunday, October 29, 2017

Another Raise Bed For The Kitchen Garden.


and more additions to the kitchen garden…

when I received a whatsapp message from Rob on a friday afternoon that ended along the lines of… “im going to be a little late,love – i will fetch Josh and we’re heading off to Bits n Pieces farm… ” I knew deep down and right to the tipy top of my Witch’s pointy hat that when he arrived home, at the Cottage, I would be the happiest Witch alive. It really doesn’t take much to make me happy – really… I am happiest when there is surplus amounts of poop from Bits n Pieces farm all about my garden.

And arrive with poop he did. More than ever before. The back of his pick-up + a trailer load to be exact. H A P P I N E S S

From posts before you may have noticed our move of our Kitchen Garden from behind the Lapa to now aside the Cottage were we can keep a closer eye on our wildlings – away from the pesky fingers of the Vervet troupe that terrorise our lands. It has been wonderful and we have already harvested so much more than we ever thought we would in this slow but magickal process. I now get to add more wildlings to our new raised bed for more magick and abundant harvests to come. With surplus more poop for another bed to fit perfectly alongside the new one, in the next few weeks to come. We haven’t yet, erected any form of boundary except for the extra mesh fencing we are currently using. We will have to once the last bed is in place as our dear Zeus tends to think these raise beds are a place we have all made just for his afternoon naps. We do have a good amount of deconstructed pallets that may just be perfect for this project.

The men folk found an abandoned container pot alongside the babbling brook and carefully emptied and moved it up to the Kitchen Garden. This will be for growing potatoes. In container gardening news – our tomatoes have flowered and have the most precious green tomatoes growin… And the Heartsease… well I have added them to my salad lunches all week with a few to the flower-press (a little sideline project I haven’t done since I was a young girl). I will let you know how they all come along.

How are all your kitchen gardens faring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe