Wednesday, June 28, 2017

That Talk.

image1.jpeg


This week past I had to have that little talk with the small boy child. Not THAT talk but rather along the lines of the “don’t talk to strangers” talk. We have done this talk before, but not so intensely – he really was so little and didn’t ask too many questions.


Now there are too many of them and all to horrendously graphic. How do you decide on what to tell in all its glory and what to soften?


I think I may still be recovering from an anxiety attack.


This all started with the podcasts that have aired on the radio in the early hours of the morning on our way into school. I had to let him listen. He needs to know why the paranoia, why the constant nagging for all my children to always let me know where they are, who they are with and why we often say NO.


This story is so close to my heart. A small girl being abducted from the next road we lived in – the same girl at my primary school in our neighbourhood all those 30 years or so ago. I still remember the panic – the hype – the sadness and the heart wrenching tragedy of it all.


Have you had THAT talk with your wee one.


I think he has finally gotten the gist of is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe