Saturday, June 10, 2017

And Again.







 


I have been running. Nowhere in particular really. Maybe more like a good ol’ sprint in one place.

I have a gazillion photographs to sift through and I’m sure I will get to share them eventually. But this last week has found Rob and I filling humidifiers, filling humidifiers with essential oils of eucalyptus and lavender and rosemary and… whatever I can drain out of the last of my array of oils. It has found us slicing up bags of oranges and sneaking tiny little tissue salts into everything. The children have been slathered in home and shop bought Vicks ointments and we’ve boiled the kettle all but away for cups of homemade med-lemon drinks and shop bought ones (which ever we had at the time and whichever one we had not yet run out of).

And then once our heads hit the pillows it was morning again and we started all this all over again.

We made it through though. Usually around this time of the year we’ve spooned out on an array of anti-biotic bottles to both Joshua and Garren and somewhere I think there may have even been a hospital visit for the sickliest of them all, dear Josh. Not this time, not an anti-biotic at all not even for our littlest flower, who has cut all 4 top and 4 bottom teeth and had her first flu virus all at once - here Earthside. Now, I’m not going to get my highs on the real high right now, cause we still got some ways to go before the winter months are done and dusted. But, it’s a good start – don’t you think? There is a rattle here and there and I am determined to get as far as I can this season without a doctor.

Hold all those fingers and toes for me?

In the meantime, in between it all I am knitting up Star Gnomes (ever so slowly) for the Shop, other than peacock I will now add teaberry to our collection and I have still got soaps that need to be photographed and packaged for the shop. Packaging has become my nemesis with my soaps. I can whip up the lovelies but then I can’t get the right packaging for them. I do know that somewhere amidst it all I need to knit up another Knubblechen for a girl child that will land earthside soon and a bear with accessories for Danika’s first birthday too.

I’ll get there. Soon. I hope.

There is also talk of a new adventure into a few homemade outsourced products by other mums and dads out there that I will be affiliated with. I really am excited about it and I hope that you will be too. I have found myself gravitating towards supporting homemade and handcrafted home-grown businesses around these parts. It’s a rarity to find the likes of such treasures, so when you do you surround yourself and others with it too. But, more of that soon.

This weekend the boys every so kindly cleaned out the Lapa and we Sunday lunched there. It felt wonderful claiming back that space again. I’m sure if the weather keeps at it we will be making it our weekly shenanigan. I’ve add a quick clip from our after lunch Sunday meander up and down our road. Just for fun.




[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNOnsP5Mo2g]

ps. did you see from the photographs … Danika is days away from crawling.


1 comment:

  1. It must be going around Angela!! Megan has been sick with strep throat since Saturday night. Fever and lethargic and no appetite. The medicine she was prescribed has started to kick in and I think she's over the hump today. Hopefully she'll be able to return to school on Thursday. Next week is her last week. Crazy!! I could tell by your photos that your beautiful girl is going to be on the go very soon. Now the fun begins!!! Take care and be well. All of you!! xoxo~ Wendyhttp://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe