Sunday, July 24, 2016

Snow in Impendle.























The most part of our weekend was pretty much quiet.. and cold! We were warned after a week of unusually warm temperatures for the Season. Saturday found us in doors snuggling on the couch in between bouts of Rob cooking a delicious Curry and myself baking in the kitchen. Josh was attending compulsory rugby at school and afterwards heading home with a friend for the evening so they could finishing off their editing on their video making project. And Garren, well he spent hours building his Macarno sets – and making mess in every corner of the home he decided he would feel more comfortable in at that moment.

Even Rob lay lazily on the couch in front of the tele. A sight that never happens in our home. When the weather changes like this I dont find myself feeling guilty adding a few extra rows to my knit projects either.

Sunday we woke late to darker skies and plenty of well needed earth quenching raindrops and a freeze to the air that we haven't had yet this Winter. So, naturally I checked into my news feeds and there as we suspected were beautiful pictures of all the snow updates around our Midlands area.

We couldn't miss the first snow of the season that was not even an hour away and yielding something substantial enough to reach out and touch.

So, off we went to take beautiful pictures and make exciting memories of our own.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I had snow!! I love winter and snow and being oh so cold. WE are having a 90 degree heat wave and I'm ignoring it and boycotting it. It's all I can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds cozy! The heat index today is 105 and our a/c went out yesterday. Even though I am not a fan of snow I would take it over this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My understanding of South Africa is sorely lacking. Is it unusual you have snow? I didn't realize it was your winter, it seems as if you're a bit behind Australia and New Zealand. I'd love a little snow right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Jenna, we dont often get snow.. but when we do its in the Drakensburg Mountains all the way along the mountain tops to the Cape. When its close by like it was now we all head on our hand take in winter. We havent had a good snow close to home like this in maybe 4 or 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! My boy was wishing for snow all last winter. :) Maybe this year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something so special about snow isn't there. It makes the scenery so majestic and still and is such fun to play in! Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe