Monday, April 13, 2015

Aromatherapy Shower Disks


Pottering around in the kitchen.... that's where you would have found me over the weekend.

Since the storm I haven't felt like dabbling much. Maybe it was the aches, pains and snuffles that seemed to have come with the change of the season that changed my mind? The thought of having to deal with seasonal flu may just have been the trigger to set of the hocus pocus in the kitchen. And set it off it did! I baked up a storm for the week ahead and brewed up all sorts of bath time happiness to detox and de-stress the Mr. and I through the week.

 I hadn't planned on sharing the recipe on the blog, no really I hadn't! But when I uploaded my no-makeup selfie with my homemade aromatherapy shower disks on facebook the requests that came streaming through were wonderful! I had no idea that I had so many faces that paid attention! So lovelies here it is... So simple anyone can make them.

2-3 cups of baking soda.
A little water to make a paste.
20 drops each of your favourite essential oil.
A sprinkling of herbs.
Spoon into cupcake casings.
Leave to set for about 24 hours.
Then add to your shower for the most amazing scented steam spa shower.
(and it helps cleans the drains while you at it)




Oh and I would love to hear which herbs and essential oils you used for yours.
Happy showering....


Love Angie xxx

this post was shared at The Homesteader Hop

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea!!! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea and so simple. Going to make some of these for the missus. Thanks for sharing this with us on the Homestead Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.

We do read each and every comment left here on our small blog + know that we appreciate + feel so very blessed that you have taken the time to keep up with us through your busy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Blogger Tribe